Today is the International Women’s Day, and I want to congratulate and thank… whatever/whoever made them. We can’t live without you, and I specially can’t live without my beloved Erica. I love you!
Well, now that the Romantic Intro (c) is over, let me introduce you to a series of Blog Posts / Guides / Articles I will be writing during the following weeks. By reading them, I expect you to understand how to deal with a couple of Mail-Server related security issues.
Security, for these guides, will mean «Anti Spam», inbound/outbound eMail control based in FROM/TO address (like an ACL for eMail), and general Relay management.
Regarding software, I will be providing examples for scenarios using Linux, Courier-MTA (my MTA of choice for the last 6 years) and Mail Avenger.
This will not be the classical «install SpamAssassin and/or MailScanner» guide, there are lots of that already on the Internet 😉
Instead, I will try to demonstrate how Corporate or Enterprise Level a Linux Mail Server can be.
Why do I say that? Simple:
- inbound/outbound ACLs are a common corporate requirement.
- SQL and LDAP for authentication is usually necessary today.
- Spam control is a very much needed thing.
- SPF (the Sender Policy Framework) is easy to implement (and excellent too!).
- and because Courier-Authlib + Courier-MTA + MailAvenger supports all that.
So, now you just have to wait for my next post. It’s time to start working, and I’ve plenty of things to do today!
UPDATE: Visitor, read the «next post» HERE.