Some months ago I was asked to be a technical reviewer for the, now recently published, book “Getting Started with Audacity 1.3”. I have to tell you, guys, not only Packt Publishing is a great company, which provides EXCELLENT tools for authors and reviewers to work with, but boy they know what books to publish!
Reviewing this book was a real pleasure, so I’m now publishing this blog entry so I can try and get you to buy the book (which is available both hardcopy and as DRM-free PDF ebook!)
So, why should you buy this book?
- It’s straight-forward, no-nonsense. You get hands-on from the first chapter.
- You can read my name in page 4, that’s SURELY an incentive 😛 Kill me.
- Chapter 3 is packed with “How to record Interviews” tips.
- Chapter 4 goes on to editing, effectively changing the recorded interview to a real PODCAST!
- Chapter 5 goes straight into Noise Removal.
As you can see, just if you read chapters 1 to 5 (or skip straight to 3 if you are good with GUIs), you’ll get a real sense of what working with audio is, which will probably make the following chapters more interesting:
- Exporting to MP3
- Advanced Audio Editing
- Effects and background music
In a nutshell, it’s a really good book on using Free/Libre Open Source Software to create a professional Podcast. The great oriented approach of the book, plus the AWESOME, HUGE Audacity Community, makes this book a great buy.